Friday, July 20, 2012

"To Do" List

As I'm scrolling through FB, I come across a post from Teresa at Confessions of a Teaching Junkie. She has joined a Linky Party to share what needs to be done before school begins. I'm hoping that if I have a list I may be able to focus and motivate myself to get started. :)


Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies is hosting this wonderful Linky. Here is my list:

1.  Decorate bulletin boards 
*Click here if you would like to give suggestions*
2.  Plan lesson for first day
3.  Research and set-up Interactive Student Notebooks to use in Social Studies
4.  Research text-mapping to use in Science
5.  Make material bins to go by each group of desks
6.  Print, laminate, and cut out classroom jobs
7.  Make welcome bags/ letter
8.  Create and print daily Mt Math and Mt Language questions
9.  Research and collect resources for ELA centers
10.  Review notes from Guided Math book study

This should be a good start. Has anyone used #3 or #4 in the classroom? I would love to hear your thoughts/stories about them!

Thank you, Lorraine, for hosting this party!

13 comments:

  1. Funny I just wrote a post that is about how ridiculous I am with my to do lists... I have tons of them all over the place. And if I tried to type them all out into one, I might be sick because there is a lot to do in a week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...sorry didn't mean to laugh. But, I can relate to what you are saying. My list is so short because I'm probably blocking the rest out. ;)

      Patti

      Delete
  2. Hi Patti!
    Thanks for joining my linky party! I am your newest follower! I am going to try using interactive notebooks in all subjects this year. :)
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited about using them! I have found a few websites about it, but they weren't very helpful. Have you found good resources explaining its implementation?

      Patti

      Delete
  3. I love to do lists! I must link up! It makes me feel better that others have a lot to do too and I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you checked out Middle School Mouth ? He has lots of pictures and great stuff about ISN's!

    Teaching and Tech

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information! I will definately look into his site.

      Patti

      Delete
  5. Wow, I am definitely getting lost in this blog haha. I've pinned a few things on notebooking because the idea intrigues me.

    Here is a specific post on it that I particularly liked. Interactive Note-taking

    And then there's this post - I've actually implemented this idea in my class a handful of times at the end of the year. The kids loved it because it broke up our tedious textbook reading. Science Notebooking (a post on Social Studies It should be noted that this blog as a whole is simply amazing. I think I have over a dozen posts pinned for different reasons. Worth checking out beyond the linked post!


    Cindy
    Teach With All the Colors of the Wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your compliment made my day!

      More resources!!! YAY! I'm trying to look at as much as possible because most posts/websites/discussions are geared towards middle and high school. But, I believe my 3rd graders can handle it if I get it to their level.

      I'm glad you are here!
      Patti

      Delete
  6. I'm a first year teacher so I feel like I have a ton to do even things I don't KNOW to do.

    Alyssa
    adventuresinacademics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa,

      Check out Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies mentioned in the post. Everyone who linked up will be there. This might help give you ideas on what you might want to do.

      Most important thing to remember...you don't have to do it all. :)

      Good luck on your new adventure.

      Patti

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Translate This Blog