Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Made It, New {School} Year Resolutions, and Vista Print Fever

I know there is a lot going on in this post, but I didn't want to break the unofficial "no more than one post a day" rule.
*SMILE*

I was doing so good at staying current with my blogging up until 2 weeks ago. That is when I started working in my classroom. I have accomplished a lot, but I still have a few loose ends to tie up. Guess that's not too bad considering my official start day is August 6. I can't wait to have it complete so I can share with y'all.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some simple posters/labels that I made. So, I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.. Don't forget to check out the other bloggers who have linked up. I am so jealous at their creativity. These people are AMAZING!!



Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge gave me this idea. I'm still trying to come up with components for the math wall. 


Last year I bought a couple of 6-drawer storage carts to hold the math center activities. In order to keep myself organized this year I created labels for each of the Math CCSS strands and put one on each drawer. This way I can separate the activities into strands. 
Trust me...it doesn't look as "busy" once it is cut out :)

I'm also linking up with Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge. She is hosting a linky party to share our Vista Print creations. YAY! 

Groupon was horrible placing another Vista Print deal...LOL
This is what I ordered:

Rack card that I will use for bookmarks.
Back

Front







Poster. It is a variation of a pin I found.


Another poster I made from a pin I saw on Pinterest.


Now on to my New {School} Year Resolutions with Amanda at Teaching Maddeness.



Resolution #1 - Place lesson plans, tests, any lesson-related materials in binder on Friday. Last year I kept up with this for the first week. After that, they started to pile up and I kept saying, "Oh, I'll get to it next week." I think I did it twice: in December and at the end of the year. That was time-consuming! And difficult because sometimes the material was not in chronological order and I had to search for similar dates.

Resolution #2 - Implement Daily 5 fully by November. This will be my first year teaching E/LA so I feel as if I need to familiarize myself with the content and teaching it before taking that step. Definitely want to do Daily 5 because I have heard many wonderful things about it!

Resolution #3 - Utilize my blog more often during the school year. I keep my phone within reach during the day so there is no excuse for not taking pictures and blogging about what my kiddos are doing. 

Resolution #4 - Make time for myself and my family. I always seem to neglect my family during school. I'm either blog reading, Twitter reading, planning and making activities, the list is endless. My daughter begins high school this year and I have been trying to teach her about time management. Maybe her mother needs to take her own advice ;)

What are your resolutions for this new school year? 






6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up- you made some great items! I love the poster you made with other suggestions for "I don't know"!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was stumped on what to make and I thought, "Pinterest will know what to do!" LOL

      Patti

      Delete
  2. OH, Patti! #3 and #4 are on my resolution list, too! Those are going to be tough to keep...maybe we can keep each other straight! lol thanks for linking up to the party!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm going to need someone to help with those :)
      Thanks for hosting!

      Patti

      Delete
    2. Also, I fixed the spelling of your blog. How did I miss that mistake!

      Sorry.

      Patti

      Delete
  3. I just love your "Said" is Dead poster! I need one of these in my classroom. I am your newest follower!!
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love

    ReplyDelete

Translate This Blog