Friday, September 7, 2012

Writing, Editing, and Publishing Our Hurricane Isaac Stories

Yesterday the students filled in Flee Maps in preparation for their writings about Hurricane Isaac.






Today we got down to business and constructed our writings. The Flee Maps were used as an outline to guide their writings. After the rough draft was written, the students learned about using guide words to locate words in a dictionary.

 

The students were armed with the knowledge of locating words in a dictionary and instructed to edit their rough drafts by correcting misspelled words. {Ms. Gros and I read each rough draft while the kiddos were at PE and underlined misspelled words.}

 


After the final draft was written, they posted their story to Kid Blog.



We would love for you to read our stories and comment. Click here to access their posts. 

On a different note, I posted the other day about my Math and ELA Focus Walls. I did not have a picture of the ELA Focus Wall when I posted, but that has changed. 


Have a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the students' posts!






2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Talk about a teachable moment!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      Feel free to comment on the students' posts. They would be thrilled to get feedback from other schools.

      Delete

Translate This Blog